Direct mail marketing is a big investment.
Planning before direct mail marketing execution is a must. Many customers are not sure where to start with the plan. So we have come up with some helpful tips to get you started on creating great direct mail marketing. There are a total of 3 steps.
Step 1: Start with these 4 questions about you:
- What customers/prospects are you trying to serve?
- How will you convey value to them?
- What is your differentiation? How do you stand out and provide better for the customer?
- What can you do/sell for them? What are the benefits they can expect?
Step 2: Once you have answered these 4 questions you are ready for the next step which is questions about your customers:
- Who is your best customer?
- What is most important to them?
- What can you do to help them with their most important problem?
- Where can you find prospects most like your best customers?
Now you know about yourself and your customer, you are ready to move on to step 3 where the direct mail campaign planning starts. Many companies just begin a step 3 and never consider step 1 and 2. In order to create the best direct mail campaigns you really need to go through step 1 and 2 before moving onto step 3.
Step 3: Direct Mail questions:
- Who are you sending to?
- What is your message?
- What is your call to action?
- What design will work best for these people and the message/call to action?
The best direct mail marketing is targeted to the correct people with an offer they cannot refuse. As you are answering the above questions, really think about the message and design from the customer/prospects perspective. In many cases it helps to have a person outside your organization look at it to provide feedback. Many times within the organization we make assumptions that our customers/prospects would not. Direct mail should address “what’s in it for them”. Why should they respond to you? Are you ready to get started? Contact us today! We are glad to help!