Integration of mobile marketing and direct mail marketing can lead to superior results!
The USPS is offering the “2019 Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion” between March 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019. This promotion is meant to engage customers and prospects by use of mobile technology in direct mail. This can be done with QR codes, Augmented Reality, NFC, Video and more. This is a very powerful way to create a longer connection and increase the effectiveness of your message. Have you considered combining mobile marketing and direct mail marketing?
What are the rules?
- Use one of the mobile technologies like augmented reality.
- Provide direction to prospects and customers on how to use it on the piece.
- The destination of the mobile device must be relevant to the messaging on the mail piece.
- The content accessed through the technology must be mobile optimized.
- The mobile trigger must be prominent on the mail piece.
- The mobile technology should enhance the users experience with the mail piece.
Mobile marketing integration options:
- Mixed Reality – this is a combination of virtual reality and augmented reality which is usually done with headsets.
- Virtual Reality – this is when a person is transported into a virtual environment in which they can interact.
- Addressable TV – this is when you purchase TV advertising at the household level using specific audience data to target them.
- Digital to Direct Mail – this is where people start with digital behavior to dynamically create a customized/targeted mail piece instead of the physical mail piece launching a digital experience.
- NFC – this is Near Field Communication technology that consists of embedding a small chip into the mail piece that can be recognized by a NFC enabled device such as smartphones and tablets.
- Bluetooth/Beacon Technology – this is the use of low energy Bluetooth devices that broadcast an identifier to nearby mobile and electronic devices.
- AR – Enhanced Augmented Reality includes, video animation, games and/or 2D-3D interactive graphics playing in front of or over physical objects so they appear to be interacting with the physical object.
- Video in Print – this ViP is video advertising that is integrated into a printed piece which is featured in print catalogs and/or mail pieces.
- Integration with Digital Assistants – this is a grouping of technologies that allows the mail piece to provide clear and specific instruction that enables the recipient to engage with digital assistants like chat bots or voice assistance like Alexa or Google Home.
These are great ways to use cross channel marketing with direct mail and mobile to create an engaging experience that drives more response. Which mobile marketing integration option looks to be the best fit for you? Call us we can help! (619) 297-2281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.