Is Your 2022 Direct Mail Interactive?
Direct mail marketing can be fun! is your direct mail interactive? The more interactive it is, the better your results are going to be. With all the marketing messages people see each day; you need to make your mail stand out. How are you doing that now? Getting your customers and prospects excited about your mail creation is the key to driving better response rates. There are several ways to do this; the one that is right for you will depend on your goals, message and your audience.
7 Direct Mail Interactive Ideas For 2022:
- Consider 3 dimensional: There are so many choices for dimensional mail. These can be expensive for postage as most are considered parcels; however the response rates for this type of mail are significantly higher. They are well worth the postage costs.
- Use cut outs: Create cut outs that when put together create fun objects such as paper airplanes, buildings, dolls and so on. Make sure to send instructions on how to assemble your design. You can also create a special hashtag for social media sharing.
- Make it 3D: Create 3D art for the recipient to enjoy. This is a fun throwback technology. Make sure to send glasses too.
- Try Pop–Ups: These are fun and surprising for people to interact with. The recipient pulls out the piece and it pops from a flat form into a 3 dimensional one. This is usually accomplished through the use of tuck tabs and rubber bands.
- What about Scratch off or scratch and sniff: This can really be a fun one when doing contests; people like to scratch off and see what is beneath. The fun twist is when you have scratch and sniff, which works really well for floral, food, perfume, or anything that smells good. It’s probably not a good idea to have them scratch a bad smell.
- Incorporate Augmented Reality: Bring your mailer to life with the technology of Augmented Reality (AR). This is a really great way to showcase how interactive direct mail can be. It is super cool and fun to play with. If you think this is too expensive, you are wrong. Check out Layar.
- Think about Video: You can add video to your mailers! These have actual screens embedded into the mailers. They can launch content when the mailer is opened or when a button is pushed. These are on the more expensive side, but if you are selling a high end item and want to really showcase it, this can be a great choice!
These ideas can make your direct mail interactive and get your customers excited to see your mail pieces. Get creative and have fun, but remember that there are many postal regulations, so before you create your desired format, check with us. You will want to avoid paying extra postage. What interactive and fun mail pieces have you seen or created? Are you ready to get started? We can help! Contact us today!