In 2023 the best way to increase your direct mail ROI is to increase engagement. There are several ways you can do this. The post office is also offering postage discounts to use special engagements. As your partner, Neyenesch can help you find the right fit for your direct mail. Let’s look over some engagement options and postal promotions to save you money.
Engagements To Increase Direct Mail ROI:
- Coatings – These create a fun touch that can cover the whole mail piece or highlight special portions. Soft touch, Etch coat, Metal Flake, StepTex, Reticulating UV, Sandpaper, scratch off, glitter, glow in the dark and more.
- Pop-ups – These mailers are fun and a little scary. They deliver flat and when you open them the pop up into a form such as a house, animal or shape.
- Infinite Folds – These fun folds provide a message at each turn of the fold and are usually folded through at least twice as they drive curiosity.
- Emboss or Deboss – Embossing results in a design that is raised up from the surrounding material, and debossing results in a design that’s stamped down or recessed into the surrounding material.
- Sound – Add sound chips that start when the mail piece is opened with music, messages and more.
- Scent – Utilize scented varnishes, coatings, or labels to create unique aromas that complement content on your mail pieces. Scents such as cookies, fresh bread, or bubble gum, and grass.
- Voice Assistant – This uses devices like Alexa to guide your customers on their journey.
- Augmented Reality – This mixes the reality of your mail piece with extra things.
- NFC – With the use of a near field communication chip, people can access any experience you provide them.
- Video – Adding a video screen to your direct mail piece allows you to communicate in a whole new way.
Now that you know some of your options lets look at when and how you can save on postage by using them.
2023 USPS Postage Saving Promotions:
- Tactile, Sensory & Interactive Promotion – This program runs February 1, 2023 – July 31, 2023. This year the discount has increases to 5%! Use this program to highlight special finishing technologies that engage the senses. Some ideas are special visual effects, sound, scent, texture/tactile coatings, and even taste. In addition, you can create interactive mail pieces such as pop-ups, infinite folds, or other dimensional aspects. This is a really fun one that can only be done with print marketing. Get the requirements here: https://postalpro.usps.com/promotions/2023-tsi
- Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion – This program runs May 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023. This time there is a tiered discount structure of 3% – 4% based on the technology used. The mobile shopping is now included in this promotion. Use this program to engage customers and prospects by use of mobile technology in direct mail. This can be done with Voice Assistant, Augmented Reality, NFC, Video and more. This is a very powerful way to create a longer connection and increase the effectiveness of your message. Get the requirements here: https://postalpro.usps.com/promotions/2023-ET
You can participate in as many of the promotions as you would like. Each promotion requires registration to participate and reporting after the mailing is complete, but they are worth the savings. An ounce of prevention can save you a pound of headaches.
It is important to thoroughly check your mail pieces for postal regulations before you print. We can help you with this. Don’t waste money on postage. If you have questions or would like to participate in any of the promotions, contact us today. We are glad to help! Are you ready to start saving and try something new? Call us in San Diego today at (619) 297-2281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.