How To Avoid Fulfillment Lost Packages?
Customers who place a fulfillment order with you trust that they will get what they ordered delivered on time. We all know that there are times when issues arise and the package does not arrive. Fulfillment lost packages happen to everyone, however there are steps you can take to help ensure that your packages are not lost. We have created a short list of things to do before you ship your package.
7 Ways to Avoid Fulfillment Lost Packages:
- Delivery address – Make sure to verify the delivery address with the USPS. An address that is missing information such as an apartment number or directional information will not get delivered.
- Phone number – Provide a phone number for the recipient when typing the address. This will ensure that if you had a typo the carrier can contact the recipient to get it correctly delivered.
- Return address – Make sure that the return address on the label is complete and correct. That will allow the carrier to return the package to you if they are unable to deliver it.
- Details – In many cases there are extra details the delivery driver will need such as a gate code or special drop location. You need to make sure to add this to the address portion of your label.
- Boxes – Try to use plain brown boxes so that no one knows what is inside the box. Many packages are stolen due to flashy packaging.
- Insurance – You can purchase insurance for you packages in case they are lost or stolen. If you ship low-cost items, you probably would not find the insurance helpful. If, however, you ship high value items insurance can help cover your costs if something happens.
- Customers – When a package is lost your customer is not going to be happy. The better you are at communicating a problem early the easier it is to fix the problem and make the customer happy.
Happy customers continue to buy and recommend you to others. By taking the steps above you can mitigate a lot of lost package woes. If you do not have software to check addresses with the USPS you can go to https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm to type in and address and verify it. You can only do one at a time on this site. If you have a large list you should invest in software to run your list quickly. Are you ready to get started? We can help call us in San Diego at (619) 297-2281 or email email@example.com.