Combine Social Media Marketing With Direct Mail
Did you know that by combining the power of social media marketing with direct mail you can increase your response rates 23% to 46%? These two power houses work great together! People are more inclined to take action when they’ve seen your message on social media before receiving your mail piece. There are two ways you can accomplish this. First you can take your mail list and match it to Facebook accounts, or you can also go the other way and match mail addresses to Facebook users.
Let’s look at a couple of awesome examples of combo campaigns to give you some good ideas:
- Chick-fil-A: (A national fast food chain) Full Case study click here. They had two objectives, get a customer database and increase store traffic. The direct mail campaign gained unprecedented exposure with viral sharing. Five thousand plastic postcards were sent out, and due to the integration of social sharing, the campaign gained a total response of 14,124, a 279.8% RESPONSE on their direct mail campaign.
- Stein Mart: (A national clothing store chain) Full Case study click here. The objective was to increase store redemption through a referral program. This direct mail campaign gained national exposure with viral sharing. Twenty thousand postcards were sent out, and due to the integration of social sharing, the campaign gained a total response of 30,068, a 150.58% RESPONSE on the direct mail campaign.
So how can you get started to combine social media marketing and direct mail?
- Objectives: Carefully define your objectives. The only way to get what you want is to plan for it.
- Market: Who is your best target market? Identify and target them carefully.
- Design: You will need to do your normal direct mail design, but then also design for the landing page and social media.
- Offer: Your offer should be the same for both direct mail and social media. (Remember to incentivize sharing with specials for those who do)
- Capture: What information are you going to capture in order for people to get the offer? (Remember that in order to reward those who share your offer you need to know their social media accounts)
- Tasks: You will need to assign who is in charge of what. This will take social media monitoring software too so be aware of that.
Instead of creating the whole wheel again use the case studies as a guide. You know it works, just tailor the social media marketing plan to your needs. Your focus always needs to be on what will drive response from your target market. Will you have coupons, free giveaways or something else? Your offer is extremely important. In order to get traction not only for direct mail but also for social media marketing you need to grab attention with an irresistible offer.
When you get these two marketing channels in sync with each other you can expect great results! Are you ready to get started? We can help! Contact us today! Can’t wait to work with you to achieve awesome response rates!