Fulfillment packaging is very important. First and foremost, it must protect your products from damage in transit. Carriers are not gentle with packages. Nothing is more disappointing to a customer than receiving what they ordered damaged. Beyond protection though, your packaging also conveys a message about your brand. Let’s look at some packaging tips.
5 Fulfillment Packaging Tips:
- Weight – Use lightweight packaging to reduce shipping costs. Each carrier assesses rates based on weight and the dimensions of the package. This is why you see Amazon use air packets to fill space. The lighter the package the cheaper it is to ship.
- Size – Use the right size box. Sending items in a box that’s an inch or two too big can very quickly add up to additional costs for you. Pack tightly to reduce the amount of extra material needed. This can mean that you need to stock various sizes to fit all the different items that may be ordered.
- Type – Choose sturdy boxes to prevent damage. First, make sure your outer packaging can handle a four-foot drop. Carriers drop boxes all the time. You want to make sure that your carton is tuff and the way you have packaged items inside the box will keep them protected. If you have fragile items, they will need extra protection.
- Experience – Consider the opening experience. A good fulfillment process makes a customer feel important and it turns an online purchase from a hassle into an exciting event. What is the first thing you want customers to see when they open the box? You have one chance to make a first impression. Make sure you make a great impression for your brand.
- Marketing – Include marketing materials. When customers receive your items, they are in a good mood. They are suggestible and it would be a great time to reach out to them with another offer. Cross-selling to existing customers is a great way to increase your profit margins.
Packaging is a vital part of your customer’s overall experience. You need to ship items quickly, cheaply, and without damage. In addition to that, you want to consider your customer’s experience and the opportunity to upsell. Tiny changes in the way you do fulfillment packaging can have an oversized impact on your bottom line.
Customized Fulfillment Packaging
We can help you create customized packaging to create that exciting brand experience for your customers. It can be as easy as you logo on a standard box or creating a special box with embellishments. Not sure what is best for you? No problem. We can sit down with your team and figure out the best option for your budget.
If your order fulfillment has become a burden to you, we provide services that save you time and money. That way, you can focus on doing what you do best – growing your business! Contact us at (619) 297-2281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.