Beat Competitors With Great Direct Mail
In 2021 great direct mail can help you beat your competition! Direct mail has consistently performed well for many years. However, not all direct mail is the same. You want to create great direct mail to drive increased response. There are things you need to do to gain an advantage over your competitors. Let’s check out the segments you can focus on to use great direct mail to its full advantage.
5 Great Direct Mail Tips:
- Pursue – The first way to take full advantage of direct mail is to go after the right people. This will depend on what your offer is as well as if you are going after prospects or customers. There is a difference in the way you target these two groups. Use your data to segment people into like categories. Sending the right offer to the right people makes all the difference and can save you money by not sending pieces to people who are not interested.
- Clarity – Next you need to make sure that your messaging and offer are very clear. If not, you are going to miss out on the people who misunderstood what you were trying to say. Keep your wording simple and stay away from acronyms, in the texting age your acronym could mean something very different.
- Succinct – Your copy needs to get right to the point. Make it easy and fast to read. You can use bullets, bolding and other text highlights to get your most important information to stand out. The less reading required the more people will scan your piece.
- Interest – Does your mail piece generate interest? Your colors, design, images and messaging need to call people to your piece to look closer at what you have to offer. The more interest people have in your mail piece the more likely they are to buy.
- Cohesion – Do your marketing channels work together? Can customers and prospects flow easily from your direct mail piece to your website or other online platform? When they can you will get better response rates.
When you have all 5 elements correct you will see an increase in response. Don’t let your competitors win, use direct mail to your advantage and get ahead of them. Remember, unlike digital ads, direct mail offers are more covert. You know who is seeing your offer because you sent it to them.
You will need to block out time to get your best mail pieces conceptualized and created. Do not rush the process or you risk your results. As they say Rome was not built in a day and neither will your direct mail pieces. Great direct mail has a strong strategy behind it.
One of the best features about direct mail is that it arrives in the mail box and is a physical piece. No other marketing channel is physical in this way. In order to draw interest to your piece you can add features to enhance the sensory experience for your customers and prospects.
There are many features you can add such as textures, foil, embossing, debossing, die cuts, special folds and more. Most of these features are not very expensive but can boost your direct mail response. You can also add scent for a multi-sensory experience. Get creative and allow your prospects and customers to have fun.
Boring direct mail will not get you the results you want. You need to find ways to enhance your mail pieces to increase prospect and customer engagement. Are you ready to get started? Contact us today. we are glad to help!