2022 Fulfillment 101
In 2022 the package volume has increased exponentially as over the course of two years more and more people are ordering online. Fulfillment and packaging are more than just shipping out materials. They are the key to your company’s success. You need the materials to be shipped correctly, on time, and in good condition in order to meet your staff and clients’ expectations. That is why having the correct fulfillment company is now required.
7 Key Things You Need to Know About Fulfillment Performance
- On-time shipments: How often have your ship dates been met? Having a standard turnaround time from order receipt to shipment is key. This sets clear expectations for you and your customer.
- On-time deliveries: How often were deliveries rcvd on the date requested? Keep in mind that not all ship methods are the same. Some do not have a delivery date guarantees. Make sure your client expectations are met by listing the delivery times for each option.
- Order accuracy: How often do your orders arrive correctly? This is imperative. When your clients place an order, they expect it to be right.
- Orders per month: How many orders are shipping each month? Do you have high volume months? If so, plan ahead by stocking inventory and getting extra staffing to accommodate the rush.
- Receiving to order ability times: How quickly does an item become available for order after it is received? This should also be set as a standard so that as new products come online you know when they will be available to order and ship.
- Low inventory: Are you getting low inventory notifications? Are they soon enough to reorder without causing backorders? Nothing is worse for your customers that shopping for an item you do not have in stock. Help prevent that with early notifications.
- Return handling: When returns come, do you know it? Do you know why? Are they inspected for issues? You don’t want a damaged or stained item shipping to another client.
Reporting via an online portal gives you 24/7 information in an easy format and allows you to see the process in real time. This information can help you plan for busy times and get a handle on your products. Fulfillment can be a real challenge when done incorrectly, it can cost you customers and goodwill. Make sure that you take the time to work with your fulfillment company to get all the necessary reports as well as plan for common issues that come up.
If you have any questions, contact us today. We are glad to help!