2022 Email Marketing Metrics
In 2022 you should be tracking a wide variety of email marketing metrics to make sure that your emails perform they way you need them to. Paying close attention to subscriber behavior is key to driving response. What email marketing metrics are you tracking?
Track these email marketing metrics:
- ROI – The whole point of sending marketing emails is to generate revenue. So, the first thing you need to know is if you are making enough revenue. If you are not generating the needed ROI, consider cross-selling. Bundle related items together in your email offer.
- CTR – Your click through rate is important to gauge interest in the product or service you are selling. The more clicks the better the lead.
- Unsubscribe Rate – If you have a high unsubscribe rate you need to dig deeper to find out why. Are you sending too often? Are you sending emails that are not relevant?
- Spam – You need to keep an eye on your spam rates. This can dramatically affect your deliverability. If you do end up with a bunch of spam clicks, you need to investigate what went wrong.
- Share & Forward – When you are able to get your current subscribers to share and forward your emails to friends you generate more leads and more sales.
- Open Rate – This is important to keep track of. When your open rates are low you should probably rethink your subject lines.
There are other things you many need to be tracking depending on what you are trying to accomplish. It is a good rule of thumb to check your metrics on a weekly basis. This will help you to identify issues quickly and make adjustments.
As always, the best way to build your email list is through opt-ins. When you ask someone to sign up for your emails, tell them how often to expect emails from you. You should also provide them with options of types of emails they are interested in. That way you make sure that any emails you do send them are what they are looking for.
By carefully monitoring these metrics you can create better email marketing that generates the sales you need. Are you ready to get started? Contact us today! We are glad to help!